My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://fullyalive-readytosmile.com
and update your bookmarks.


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Just when I think I'm losing it...

I'm sitting here on my couch, reading a good book, when all of a sudden I get this nasty ringing in my ears and it won't stop. I finish my book and decide to use my laptop and the ringing will not cease or desist. I move my head this way, then that way, stretch my neck...my I must have a lot of tension in my neck or something. I Google "sudden ringing in ears", I'm getting desperate here. Nothing "rings" a bell. I haven't had a recent concussion, or injury, no loud noises (it's dead quiet in here, girls are sleeping). So what the heck.

An hour goes by. I can't take it anymore. Maybe it's the fridge or the laptop. Sometimes devices do that. So I decide to try and follow the ringing. (should have thought of this 45 minutes ago before the nasty headache set in at the base of my skull!!!!). Lo and behold...it's a toy...the batteries have died. I switch it off and sweet relief!

3 comments:

jb said...

read the first paragraph and then look up to your title where it says "...and all the other stuff that's floating around in my head!" hmmmm...
did you lose a marble erin???

just jokes, seriously! i couldn't resist.
but you are lucky it was only a toy making that noise.
some of us (ahem) aren't so lucky.

Erin said...

see, not everything i write is meaningful. sometimes you just need to vent about stupid inanimate objects!!!

Roo said...

AHHHHH
so fun.
and so relateable
to SO many of us.

ahem.

Count down to Josh Groban Concert