My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://fullyalive-readytosmile.com
and update your bookmarks.


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Please Pray!

My dad is in the hospital again today. It sucks! I don't even know where to start.

He had cancer 4 years ago. He came out of the hospital after having surgery (on his tongue) to remove the cancer. He went back in a week later because the place where they had to crack his jaw to get at the tongue was broken and just hanging there (this all happened the week I had Ella).

Then a year and a half later he was hallucinating one night and they brought him to the hospital again and this time he had pneumonia. Another 7 months after that, back in the hospital he went (this time I was having Aidan) because of a cyst close to his pancreas. It was making him very sick all the time because it was blocking off ducts leading to his digestive system, thus making him feel nauseated every few weeks. They didn't do anything about the cyst saying that it COULD go away. He ended up back in when Aidan was 10 days old and he was in for a while. They gave him a nasalgastric tube and he wasn't allowed to eat for like a month or more to take the pressure of his digestive system and give the cyst a chance to shrink. Which it did. To 10% of it's size. He was great for quite a long time, seemingly feeling healthy.

Lately I've been noticing more bouts of the nausea. I didn't think it was more than every month or two again, but he says it's more like every couple weeks, just not always bad enough than anyone would notice. This weekend he had a bit of bad run of it and yesterday landed up in the emergency because he was having breathing issues. They ran some blood work, did a few tests and released him like an hour later. He was NOT normal when he came home. He did some things that were just not like him. This morning my mom called from the hospital again and said that he's back. He was hallucinating all night and saying he was going to go to work in the middle of the night. She wasn't sure if it was the medication they put him on yesterday causing the hallucinations. He doesn't have a very good history of reaction to medication.

So please pray that he's okay. That the doctors can figure out what's causing all this crap and actually do something about it. Pray for peace for my mom and the rest of us. Pray...please. I feel like I'm just barely holding it together...and I have to babysit all day. I need grace and patience, I'm already starting to snap at the little things...

Standing here
in your presence
thinking of the good things you have done

Waiting here
patiently
just to hear your still small voice again

Holy
Righteous
Faithful till the end

Saviour
Healer
Redeemer and friend

I will worship you for who you are
I will worship you for who you are
I will worship you for who you are, Jesus

My soul secure,
your promise sure
your love endures, always.

15 comments:

tammi said...

Oh Erin, I don't know what to say, other than I will definitely pray for you, your dad, your family, and the medical staff who are attending to your dad.

Roo said...

come Lord Jesus....

praying....

love you....

Louise said...

Praying....
Love you!!

Lindsay said...

Praying for you and your family today, Erin. Keep me up to date on what's happening, okay?

You picked a great song as your theme today... Keep singing, girl :)

Unknown said...

Oh honey dearest, Erin. I'm so sorry to hear this. Please update when you can. I will pray for your daddy and the family.

Andrea said...

I feel so bad...I wish you would've told me so I could've stayed home and watched YOUR kids instead of you watching mine.

peace to you...

Bonnie said...

Hey girl, hang in there. God is bigger than this! Our prayers are with you and your family. Lots of love..Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad Erin...your family has been so strong to get through all of that...keep on being strong, and you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Brillig said...

Wow. It sounds like he's definitely been put through the wringer already. I will pray for the doctors, that they can figure this out once and for all. What a nightmare. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Im so sori to hear this and so sori its taken me 2 days to get to you

my prayers are with you

big hugs for you and your mum

Corie said...

Oh Erin, I am praying for your Dad and your family!
Lots of ((HUGS))!

it's a gong show... said...

I will pray for your dad Erin.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Praying for your dad and your family. ((hugs))

Cherrye said...

So sorry to hear this, Erin. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

joyce said...

hey Erin, I'm late. Sorry to hear of the stress in your life right now.

Peace and rest to you.

Count down to Josh Groban Concert