My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://fullyalive-readytosmile.com
and update your bookmarks.


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Garden(ing) Party

Today we spent a lovely day outside creating our beautiful flower bed in the front of our deck. The day actually got nicer the longer we were outside. It was absolutely frigid when we started, but then the clouds cleared and the wind died down (or changed direction). It didn't matter how cold it was, we still had fun. Chris and Tara put their flower bed in as well and we had quite the time out there. The guys goofing off, the girls being bossy. Then my mom showed up and took control and everything went a lot better then (Drill Sergeant Granny!).

Jer and I had one little incident at the outset. I decided to go to the greenhouse and before I got in the car I told him not to put ANY stone in without me. I wanted to be there for the actual laying of stone. I had an idea in my head and I wanted to be sure it was done right (not that he wouldn't do a good job!). So I came back 1 1/2 hours later and what has dh done? You got it, started laying stone. I go and inspect and realize that he's put the stone much too close to the deck, not realizing that my shrubs would grow to be almost as big as the width he'd laid. I had a row of flowers I wanted to plant in front of the shrubs and he'd left no room for that. The first thing out of Chris's mouth is, "I told you man, you should have listened to me...I knew it would be too narrow and she'd say something!" Funny! Jer didn't think he should have to move it, out of pride or actual perception, I don't know, but I stuck to my guns and in the end got my way.

So, by supper time, both ours and Chris and Tara's beds were planted and watered and looking lovely. I even saw a couple of people who were driving by, slow down to take a second look. So here for your enjoyment are some pictures of the day! (I'm, of course, not in any of the pictures and I was the one taking them. Jer actually said to me at one point, "Stop thinking about your blog and get to work!" Hee, hee...)






I must add, after all gardening was said and done, Chris and Tara and Sergeant Granny came over to our house for a great meal. I have so much apple crisp left over, so if anyone wants some, here, dig in...

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lovely :)

Louise said...

looks great :)

Anonymous said...

I love the end result
bless your hubby
Im like you always looking out for things to write and photo for my blog
and yes please id have some of your apple crisp looks yummmy

Andrea said...

Uh -- I'm home now; you can drop by anytime with those leftovers!!

Sorry I missed the party last night. But I'm sure you guys didn't have any fun...right??

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Gorgeous!

And I'd be glad to take some of that apple crisp off your hands...is the recipe already somewhere I can find it?

Corie said...

Looks like quite a project! :)

And, the apple crisp looks delicious! Wish I could stick a fork right through my computer screen and steal a bite!

Dedee said...

I'll take the apple crisp (one of my favorite desserts) and I love what you ahve done with your yard. Can you come to my house next. It's in a very bad way!

Nadine said...

Hey do you want to come over and help me with my yard? And I'd love some of that apple crisp. It looks really beautiful.

Jenene said...

Erin, your flower bed looks fantastic! I'd say that your gardening is off to a very successful start.

Unknown said...

So very fabulous! Hard work paid off! Nice job, guys!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

That looks awesome! Great job!

Count down to Josh Groban Concert