My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://fullyalive-readytosmile.com
and update your bookmarks.


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ella!













These pictures were taken by Svea about a week or two before I had Ella.



I loved being pregnant! It was such a wonderful time.
God blessed me with a truly beautiful pregnancy and labour. I can honestly say that I enjoyed both.





I had a midwife and I planned to have Ella at home, but after my water broke we realized that there was lots of meconium in the amniotic fluid, so we made the decision to go to the hospital. I got to the hospital at 11:40 p.m. and I thought for sure this baby was coming any minute! My midwife, Gisele, wouldn't let me push for another hour and if took everything in me to not. I started pushing at 12:30 and ended up pushing for 3 hours. I didn't have any drugs, but I didn't have any pain, either. It was so neat to be totally involved. By the end of the 3 hours I was very tired. They could see her head, but she just wouldn't come out. They gave me oxygen because her heart rate was starting to slow down with the trauma of being in the birth canal for 3 hours. Gisele went to get the attending doctor, who came and checked me, said the baby was facing the wrong direction and that she would need to go get the forceps and suction. She left the room and I thought to myself "I've come this far, I'm not giving up now and no way is anyone using forceps!!" So I gave one more mighty heave and Ella was born at 3:33 a.m. on June 26, 2003. She was 7 lb. 10 oz. and was 20 in. long.

This is me holding her about 20 minutes after she was born. (No I'm not really sweaty, I was able to shower right after while the midwives cleaned her and did all her vitals.)





We were able to leave the hospital at
6:30 a.m. (3 hours after I had her) and go home. It was so awesome to be in our own home and get settled right away. Gisele came a couple times the first day to check up on us and make sure everything was going well.


So Happy, happy birthday Elly-bean jelly bean! You are such a wonderful little girl : )

(pictures and post about her birthday party later...got to go now).

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday, Ella!

The day Ella was born feels like it was ten seconds ago. I remember being in your tiny red living room and holding her for the very first time.

What an incredibly special not-so-little-anymore girl :)

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful! I was teary...I am so glad that you had a good pregnancy and delivery...and that you are blessed with such a wonderful little person! I can't wait to experience all of that wonderful that you just described!

all over the map said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Ella.
Erin you look so beautiful preggies with Ella. Thanks for sharing such lovely fotos. It is a lovely story and you were blessed with the delivery and all, so nice to hear.
xo

Unknown said...

What beautiful maternity pictures. I love preggie women . . . they RADIATE love and joy and beauty! The pictures you shared here are great, Erin. I think it's so neat that you had a midwife. It's hard to get them here where I live, but I did have a doula and I'd have her again in a split second. How amazing she was! Sounds like you had a great L&D and I'm really happy for you. I never had a good one, but that's ok. I live through others great stories. Each L&D story is so different and so amazing. Happy Birthday to your precious Ella :) And have fun at her bash!!

To a great mommy --- you!
xo

Louise said...

Happy Birthday Ella Bella the dancer chick!!!
Love you!!

Roo said...

happy birthday ella! l-o-v-e the photos erin. sooo beautiful. doesn't it make ya wanna another? ;)

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday to your princess
what a beautiful post
I love the last picture looks likes she praying

svea said...

i remember when she was born, oh how fun. You are a a great mom and we are so happy that ella was born

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy birthday Ella!!! I love the photos. It captures the memory perfectly.

Andrea said...

What sweet pictures! I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience bringing Ella into this world. Your determination is admirable!

Count down to Josh Groban Concert